Wednesday, July 4, 2012

End of the school year (just a bit delayed...having too much fun already this summer!)

Yes, I am finally getting around to doing a post on the last day of school for my kids. Their school does such a great job of celebrating the last day of the school year! (I wonder if the teachers and staff have an ulterior motive??)

The first part of the day consisted of 2 separate "field days". First for the older grades, then later for the younger grades. Since I have a child in each age  bracket, I got to be outside for the ENTIRE time.


Spoon races

Sack races

Tug-of-war
(and yes, the girls won! Dylan wasn't very happy!)

Water balloon toss
(I think he knew he was about to get wet!)

Then it was Aleah's turn.

Tug-of-war

Bean bag toss

Ladder golf
(or Norwegian golf, or whatever your family calls this game)

Bubble blowing

Sack races

and more...but I didn't get pictures of everything, and Aleah vetoed some of the pictures of her.

At the end of the day was their carnival. There was everything from face-painting, to hair coloring, to bouncy castles, to snow cones, to cotton candy, to popcorn, to a dunk tank and whatever else I have forgotten already. It is such a great celebration for the end of the year!



and what school year would be complete without great teachers!
Thanks Mr. K!

and thanks Mrs. P!


So, another school year is in the books.
We now have a 6th grader and a 2nd grader. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment