Monday, August 6, 2012

Really? Really!

Our family has a new hobby this summer. Well, maybe "hobby" is a bit too strong of a word, but we have been enjoying a new activity as a family. What is it? Wait for it...





BOWLING!!! Yes, really!

There is a wonderful organization called Kids Bowl Free and if you sign up, guess what? Your kids get to bowl free! 2 free games EVERY DAY, ALL SUMMER LONG. So, we have been bowling this summer. The kids and I even have really cool bowling shoes. If I had planned ahead better, I would have taken a picture of us in our shoes, but I am not going to get my kids out of bed now to take the picture. Mike just has to wear the lame bowling alley shoes when he decides to come with us. He's just not as cool as we are.


We have great friends who are WAY more ambitious than I am, and they decided to set up a bowling league for a bunch of friends (and anyone else who wanted to join along the way!). They have handicaps worked out each week and everything.


Just to clarify...I am NOT a good bowler. Even with a handicap I have never won. Ever. But it is a lot of fun and my kids love it.


One of the 2 times my hubby has joined us :)


Drama? I don't know where she gets that from!!



And yes, I am there too! Thanks to my friend Tina for having some photographic proof!
Bummer...the bowling alley carries Pepsi products. Boo!!!


Oh, back to the reason I was initially inspired to write this post...

We were bowling tonight, and there were people a couple tables over from us giving their baby...wait for it...








MOUNTAIN DEW in a bottle!

We tried to give them the benefit of the doubt at first and assume it was apple juice, but when we saw them refill it from the pitcher on the table we had to face the reality. REALLY??? Really.

Disclaimer: the lovely mom and baby behind me in the above picture are definitely NOT the Mountain Dew people. That is actually the wife of one of our pastors. Wow, could have started some rumors with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment