Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas goodies

I started making some Christmas "goodies" this weekend. One of our favorites is "Snowy puff corn". I didn't get any pictures of making this. Partially because I was making it in a huge rush before heading over for game night with friends (Hi Valls!), and partially because I never thought to! Still kind of new to this "I have a blog so I need to remember to take pictures of everything I do in step-by-step format". I will share the recipe, though because you WILL want to make it! Really. Just ask my family. And friends. And probably any enemies I have shared it with too.

Snowy Puff Corn:
1 bag Old Dutch puff corn
6 cubes almond bark
colored sugar

Melt almond bark in microwave (do not overcook!) stirring frequently.
Pour over puff corn and toss until well coated.
Sprinkle with colored sugar (red and green works well this time of year ;))
Toss well again
Spread out on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Wrap with pretty Christmas cellophane and it makes a great gift!

P.S. If you accidentally drop a puff corn in hot tea while making this treat, it will nearly completely disintegrate (not that I would know personally...)

The next treat was another favorite in our house, and I DID think to take pictures this time!

Chocolate pretzel bites:
1 bag pretzels (circles if you can find them, otherwise twists work fine)
Hershey's Kisses (various flavors if you are daring!)
M&Ms (match the M&Ms to whatever holiday you are celebrating at the moment)

Lay pretzels on a baking sheet


Put a Kiss on each pretzel (we were using Candy Cane Kisses here!)
Put in oven at 350 degrees for 30-60 seconds or until kisses are soft

Take out of oven and press one M&M on the top of each Kiss

Allow to cool and enjoy! Wrap some up for friends, or new neighbors, or people who found your lost kitten and were taking really good care of her since they didn't know where she belonged (not that we would know anything about that either...)

No comments:

Post a Comment