Monday, December 12, 2011

On my way to church...

Mckmama- Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Ok, this may be my best (read "most embarassing") "Not Me!" yet!!

On my way to church recently I most certainly did NOT suddenly see lights flashing behind me requiring me to pull over.

My kids of course were NOT in the car saying things like "Mom, what did you do?", "Are we going to go to jail?", "Is daddy going to be mad?"...

The officer did NOT come up and state that he was initially pulling me over for 2 violations, and then noticed a 3rd as he walked up.

As the process continued, he most certainly didn't inform me that:
  1. I had been going 5-10 mph over the speed limit on our country road
  2. Had a center (window) taillight out
  3. Had expired license plates (the 3rd thing he had noticed when he walked up)
  4. Didn't have proof of insurance in the car (apparently required in my state!)
  5. Had an expired driver's license (my birthday was the end of November...still in the grace period at least!)
  6. and last but not least...my 6-year-old wasn't in a booster! (always is...but daddy left in the morning with both boosters in his car by mistake)
(yes, that is SIX violations!! For someone who seriously hasn't been pulled over for probably 15-20 years for anything other than a tail light out or something like that!)

And the best part??

When he came back to my car (with what I did NOT assume would be a huge fine) he most certainly did NOT say "well, I've been called away to a much more serious call, so here is your license. Drive safely."

As I was on my way to church...I most certainly DID thank God for this great Christmas miracle!
(This seriously did happen recently. I am cheating a little because it wasn't this week...it was a couple weeks ago but I decided I just had to share it!)

2 comments: