Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gingerbread House

This weekend Aleah and I tackled the task of assembling a gingerbread house. The beauty of a kit is that most of the work is done, and you can decide how much of the detail you want to add (or you can decide when your 6-year-old has run out of interest that it looks just fine).

It is interesting when you combine a type-A, do-it-(exactly)-by-the-book mom with a creative, do-it-MY-way 6-year-old on a project like this. We ended up with something that looks just fine, but definitely doesn't look like the picture on the box :) Mom does have the ability to be flexible (sometimes)...

The finished product (minus some finger swipes of the frosting that I just noticed as I took this "after" picture). A fun, hopefully memorable activity that my sweet girl and I got to share. I love the holidays for the excuse to do more things like this. Makes me wonder why I don't do it more often...oh yeah, LIFE!

Hope you get a chance to make some memories this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment