Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday impulse shopping...

I am not a true Black Friday shopper. I don't get up at the crack of dawn, or in more recent years, stay up all night, but I do enjoy going out at some point on Black Friday. There are still good deals even in the afternoon! I also love to just browse and people-watch. There are many different styles of Black Friday shoppers, even by the time that I get out (today around noon). There are the cart pilers (their carts are bulging with everything imaginable), the deal finders (frantically scanning the store flyer to see what they NEED to find), the random shoppers (seriously, the lady behind me in line at one store had a few cans of cat food, and some other random groceries and seemed a bit perturbed at the lines...SHOP ON A DIFFERENT DAY!), the tired moms (I saw a lady with a young child who was whining for another mint. She sighed and commented that he would have very fresh breath today), and me (out partly because my husband and kids are out of town so I could actually leisurely shop without worrying about the amount of time I was spending, partly to watch the people, partly to find some deals, and then there were the impulse buys...)









Creme Brulee Almonds!

Yummy nut clusters

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake (should this even be legal??)

Cheesecake Trio (Godiva double chocolate, Raspberry White Chocolate and Dulce de Leche)
Again...seriously?!?

and "House"...6 seasons...
Oh, there were some other purchases: some gifts, some groceries, some other necessities, but these purchases are what make me smile today. I know what I am doing the rest of the day! Who wants to join me. I'll even share some cheesecake! (maybe)

2 comments:

  1. The clusters are the absolute best!!!

    I admit to Black Friday shopping as well - to get some good deals, but mainly to watch the insanity of everyone else. It's sad that we are all consumed by such obsession over shopping. There were police officers corralling lines of people, a gentleman who got punched in the face because someone took his video gaming system out of his cart and Wal-Mart was swarming with people (people started hovering at 6pm)... imagine ants within an ant hill. It's crazy!

    However, I do like shopping and getting a bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually "hid" the treats from myself so they wouldn't be gone in a day! Now I can enjoy them again...if I can find them ;)

    ReplyDelete